Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bluebirds and Blueberries! Tiered Gardens too!





I know this isn't a real good picture but, I have Bluebirds! After many years of watching and waiting... they are here! Either the Chick-a-dees or wrens nest in my Bluebird boxes, but a Bluebird found them this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!


This is right where I am going to plant my five new Blueberry bushes too!


Happy Day!!!!!!


We got the frame work of this tiered raised garden done! Was not easy with all the rain! We had this slope in our yard and this is where I thought something like this would work the best, and easy to put in too!

Finally the dirt came! I dump truck full!!! Now that's a lot of dirt! And it was alot of shoveling too!

This is not where I will be planting my gourds, I have arbors for them. And some will be planted to climb the small arbor that you see here with the star on it....someday to be the chicken yard..... I am going to try that square foot gardening. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky girl...I adore bluebirds..well all birds really..but whooot bluebirds! Uhmmm...could you come by my place and help me do this to my garden...or really any help at all LOL!! Beautiful!!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! There's a trick to getting anything 'man' done...you go out and start it. Hopefully 'they' see you and don't like how you're doing it....then they help you!
    Did that make sense? LOL!

    ReplyDelete